Wednesday, January 4, 2012

70 per cent candidates placed by CSSPS

Story: Hadiza Nuhhu-Billa Quansah
Candidates who wrote this year’s Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) can breathe a sigh of relief as the Computerised Schools Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) Secretariat has finally placed them into various senior high schools (SHSs) and technical institutions (TI) across the country.
In all, 70 per cent of the candidates have been successfully placed, while the remaining 30 per cent are expected to be placed in two weeks time, to mop up the exercise.
The National Co-ordinator of the CSSPS, Mr Samuel Oppong, who disclosed this to the Junior Graphic in an interview, said currently the secretariat was preparing to send the list of placed candidates to the various SHSs and TIs.
He, therefore, asked parents and students to contact the respective schools from October 10 to pick their admission letters.
Mr Oppong attributed the delay in this year’s placement exercise to various mistakes in the shading of programmes, schools, code numbers, and even the sex of the candidates.
He said those errors impeded the placement exercise, as the secretariat had to spend time to correct them before embarking on the placement to avoid the situation where candidates would find themselves in schools and regions they never selected.
“Those who would want to know their schools in advance can also text to the short code 1063 on all networks to find whether they have been successfully placed or not,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment